OASIS NC programs are for children identified with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and PDD-NOS. We love ALL kids on the spectrum, but due to space and funding for staff restrictions, applicants to OASIS NC center based programs must:
1. Communicate verbally
2. Have no aggressive, self-injurious, or destructive behaviors
3. Be potty trained
4. Be able to participate in a small group of 3-4 other students (not 1-on-1)
OASIS NC admits children of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.
STEP 1. Schedule a parent meeting (~30 minutes)
- Tour OASIS NC
- Review programs of interest
- Complete and review application and forms:
STEP 2: Student Session(s)
- Typically 1-3 sessions (1 hour each)
- Work with a teacher/administrator 1:1 on academic and social tasks
STEP 3: Trial Period
- Costs vary depending on program
- Typically 1-2 weeks
- Join in with peers
STEP 4: Decision
- Ready: Parents will be given an Enrollment Agreement. Student will be considered enrolled when all paperwork and payments are submitted.
- Not Ready: Parents will be notified of reason(s) why their child is unable to be enrolled in a program at OASIS NC and given suggestions on how to prepare their child for enrollment readiness.
- Wait List: This means a child is Enrollment Ready, but there isn’t space currently available in the group he/she will be joining.
- Parents will be notified of decision within 2 weeks of all paperwork and fees being completed and submitted.
*** 30 days written notice must be submitted for all program status changes***
*** Withdrawal from the program will require a new application and registration fee before returning***
*** No reduction or remission of fees can be allowed by OASIS NC for absences***
*** Aggressive behavior will result in immediate termination of contract without refund***